Welcome to Kindergarten at Ducklings Pocopson!
This small class of lucky children enjoy the benefits of enrichment programs and extra-curricular activities as well as the individual attention they need to continue to grow and learn at their own pace.
Kindergarten is available to children who are 5 years of age by the birthdate determination set by their home school district. This is a full day program with no extra charge for before and after care.
Ducklings' Proprietary Curriculum
Ducklings has created our unique Here We Grow™ curriculum, composed of the perfect combination of multiple recognized schools of thought, blended with our degreed teachers' creative ideas. Carefully planned and driven by the children, our approach incorporates the latest research and best practices, while taking into account the needs of every type of learner.
Wiggle. Waddle. Wiggle. Waddle. Here we grow!
Ducklings Kindergarten Curriculum is in alignment with state standards and builds on our trademarked Here We Grow!™ Curriculum with some special additions for our Brainiest Ducks!
- Reading A to Z™
- Phonics-based curriculum combined with whole-language reading program with concentrations in consonants, short vowels, long vowel words, digraphs, blends and rime patterns.
- Handwriting without Tears™
- Word families
- Sentence structure
- Weekly Poetry Journaling
- Eureka Math™
- 3-D shapes
- Ten frames, dots, and tally-marks
- Natural Science
- Weights and Measures
- Simple Machines
- The Kindergarten Garden- our own real vegetable garden!
- Cooking and nutrition
- Off We Go!™ is Ducklings own trademarked World Culture and Language exploration program.
Big Kid 101 Life Skills
- Classroom chores
- Tying shoes, buttons, zippers, and self-care
- Homework folders
- Classroom presentations
- Group projects
- Music and Movement
Children flourish in our creative experiences, exploring the big world around them, gaining confidence and making new friends.
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
- Dr. Seuss