Welcome to K-Kids and Virtual Learning at Ducklings Early Learning Center!
Ducklings K-Kids program is an awesome alternative to Kindergarten, available to children 5 years of age by the birthdate determination set by their home school district. This is a full day program, giving kids the skills they need to be prepared for first grade. These small classes of lucky K-Kids enjoy the benefits of enrichment programs and extra-curricular activities as well as the individual attention they need to continue to grow and learn at their own pace.
Ducklings Virtual Learning is offered to first and second graders with support and care throughout the school week. This full-day program is designed to offer school support along with enriching activities during downtime. Kids bring their own technology, are productive and have fun – in a safe, social and supportive environment. When it's time to go back to school, whether hybrid or full-time, our virtual learners will be ready to get back to it.
First & Second Grade Virtual Learners
- School & Classwork Support
- Kids Bring Their Own Technology
- Online/Technology Assistance
- Small Class Size in safe environment
- Downtime Filled with Fun Activities (gross motor skills, team building, art & enrichment, all in a safe, social environment)
- Kids return to school upon re-opening
K-Kids at Ducklings
- Full-time Kindergarten alternative
- Available to five year olds
- First grade preparation
- Small class size
- Personalized instruction
- Proprietary Curriculum
(cultural exploration, reading, writing, math, science and life skills)
- Enriching Activities
(music, art and physical activities)
- Safe environment
Ducklings K-Kids Curriculum
Wiggle. Waddle. Wiggle. Waddle. Here we grow!
Ducklings K-Kids Curriculum is in alignment with state standards and builds on our trademarked Here We Grow!™ Curriculum with some special additions for our Brainiest Ducks! The K-Kids full-year program gets students prepared for first grade.
- Phonics-based curriculum combined with whole-language reading program with concentrations in consonants, short vowels, long vowel words, digraphs, blends and rime patterns.
- Handwriting without Tears
- Word families
- Sentence structure
- Weekly Poetry Journaling
- Math Skills
- 3-D shapes
- Ten frames, dots, and tally-marks
- Natural Science
- Weights and Measures
- Simple Machines
- The Kindergarten Garden- our own real vegetable garden!
- Cooking and nutrition
- World-wide cultural exporation, celebrating families backgrounds, traditions and holidays
Big Kid 101 Life Skills
- Classroom chores
- Tying shoes, buttons, zippers, and self-care
- Homework folders
- Classroom presentations
- Group projects
- Music and Movement
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
- Dr. Seuss